Saturday, March 7, 2009

Planning the wedding

I am getting married in June and although this is not the first time I am getting married I am really excited. With my other marriages it was different, with my first one I was young, 18 and pregnant and his mom planned the whole thing. I really did not have much say so in the matter, I just kind of just rolled with it and showed up since I was young and naive and really did not know any different. With my second marriage, we just went to the courthouse and got married. Now with my prince, he has never been married and I want to have everything perfect. I have been stressing for months over this. We are also paying for this ourselves so I am trying to watch what we do spend. Anyway, when I was shopping for my dress since I have never had one I could not find one in the price range I wanted that I really wanted, and forgive me for saying this, but really spending over a grand for a dress that I am going to wear once is beyond crazy IMO. I finally found one, and of all places on EBAY. I am waiting on it now and it should be here within the next month.

Now since we are getting married on the beach, I needed flip flops, and since I have a tendency to have a bit of OCD, I focus on one thing and am really not happy until the issue is resolved. I really wanted wedding flip flops all cute and that. Every single pair I found either on line or in the store I hated, so finally I said "Old Navy it is" I live in ON flip flops. So now I have a brand new pair of ON white flip flops.

Now, I finally have the girls' dresses, Boo was easy, we found an adorable pink easter dress for her that is fancy enough for the wedding and is inexpensive. Gotta love Target, and we found a pair of fancy white flip flops at OB for her. She is all set.

Now onto my older girls, ODD15 is shaped like my Mom, big breasted and full figured. MDD15 is tall and thin, so anything fits her. We went to the bridal shop on Thursday afternoon, and ODD hated the dress that we had originally picked out, the day before she loved it and could not wait to get it, but once it was on it was the ugliest dress ever. She must have tried on 20 dresses and nothing worked or so she thought. Finally I blew up and said, fine, if this is how you are going to act I am done, lets go, you do not have to be in the wedding, she finally agreed on a dress but the fit pitching is really for a 3 yr old. MDD13, got a really cute dress, and it was on sale for 59 dollars so I am happy about that. We have to wait to get ODD's dress, since they did not have it in stock. Then they have to alter it because it is too long. The joys of teenagers.

Now I am about to work on the wedding invitations and am really excited about this. My prince's parents really never thought that they would see the day that their son would get married, so this is very exciting for them. Anyway, I really feel like this is all coming together and cannot wait.

I am sure that once the wedding gets closer I will be posting on here a lot more about this.

2 comments:

  1. Target is the best! It's fancier than Wal-Mart and the cloths don't fall apart after the first washing.

    I love Target!

    ReplyDelete