Sunday, March 8, 2009

Acid Reflux Problems

I have always been pretty healthy, no problems with my health other than when I am pregnant, so when I got sick last summer it was miserable.

It all started when I made some mozzeralla sticks, I really love those things so I decided to make some for me and the girls. Awhile after I just felt sick, I was belching like a drunken sailor on leave. I figured it would stop after a bit, but nope, it was horrific, FI being the wonderful prince that he is went to the store and bought everything he could think of for the problem. This went on for a month, the belching would ease up for a bit maybe even for a day or two and then it would start all over again. Finally one night we ended up in the ER where they did tests and pumped me full of medicine did they say that it was acid reflux. They wanted to give me a script but of course I said I was fine. I have been taking otc stuff since then, usually I just take a pill in the AM and I am good. Well for a couple of days last month I forgot and I was fine, so I decided not to take them every day to just switch to every other day and it was working just fine, until today. I was at Target with FI and I felt the pain coming, so as soon as I got home I took a pill, but it does not seem to be working. FI thinks I should go to the dr and I suppose I willm but for the meantime it just stinks that I am having this pain.

I am really trying to plan this wedding and it is all coming together and now I feel like crud, and have to avoid all these spicy foods. Oh well, I guess this is a sign that I am getting older. I really guess that I am not 16 anymore.

1 comment:

  1. I could not live without spicy food. I just couldn't do it. I would HAVE to go to the doc and get a scrip. Just can't give up my peppers.

    I do hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete