Monday, March 2, 2009

Being sick sucks

It all started Friday, Boo woke up and was not feeling well. I honestly thought it was her asthma so I kept her home from VPK so we could get it under control. Saturday she still felt bad but I thought she was on the mend, I brought out her froggy humidifier and she was once again her happy 5 yr old self.

Then it hit me, Saturday night when I went to bed I felt fine, but about 1AM I woke up with pains all over my body and this horrible cough. I got up Sunday and could not even stomache the coffee. I slept most of the day and only had a glass of orange juice. Thank god for my man, he took care of me and the girls, he is such a good man. Even though I slept most of the day I was still asleep by 8 on Sunday night.

Then this morning I woke up and still felt horrible and now my allergies are acting up. When I say my allergies are acting up I mean a horrible, itchy, red rash all over my body, it stinks, and if you do not look closely you think I have a sunburn, so then you have people making comments like "looks like you got some sun this weekend" No you idiot it is my allergies. Of course I could take some allergy meds for it, but the only ones that actually work is the prescription ones, that also knock me out for 2 days so that is not an option.

Did I mention I hate being sick? Being sick and being a Mom is no joy, you still have to do the same things but you cannot relax and just sleep, nope you still have to get the kids ready, take them to school and so on. I guess I cannot complain too much because I have the best man ever, who took care of me all day yesterday and let me sleep. What a great guy I have, but of course he had to go to work today, so I had to get up and do all the things I had to do...oh well, such is life.

Anyway, I hope I feel better tomorrow I have so much to do for the wedding and not a lot of time, I feel the clock ticking.

1 comment: