Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Man, weddings are expensive

I have been married before, ok, 2x, but I have never had a "wedding" so needless to say, I am happy, and excited, and nervous. I have been shopping for my dress for months. I had about given up because I just cannot see spending over 1000 dollars for a dress I am going to wear once. Then one night I was on ebay and decided to look for a dress there. I found it, custom made for me. It is beautiful. I go and pick it up in the morning.

So now back to the wedding, I really think that if you put the word wedding in front of anything it goes up 200 percent, take wedding flowers, a normal boquet of flowers to put in your home is what 50 dollars. I have looked into flowers and the cheapest I have found is 400 dollars. I refuse to pay that for something that is going to die before I even get to the reception.

Since we are paying for this ourselves I have been trying to cut corners. I got my dress of ebay, my girls got inexpensive dresses, FI works with a guy who took my pictures last year and offered to do our pictures for free. It is his gift to us. I do not have to buy fancy shoes that I will only wear once, since I am getting married on the beach I am wearing flip flops from Old Navy, which BTW is the best place to buy flip flops.

I decided that I will have ODD15 do our hair, just to save some money, well I want a little fancy hair accesory for my hair, ok, since you put wedding in front of it, something that you would normally pay 5 dollars for is now 50 dollars. Ok, whatever.

FI and I are going this weekend to order our cake, so we shall see how much this is. I am sure it will not be cheap.

I just have to remember that this is one day, and we do not want to pay for it for the rest of our lives. I want it to be nice and beautiful, but classy at the same time. I really do not want it to look cheap.

I was stressing a lot, now I am just stressing a little. Here's to hoping the wedding comes together the way I want it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment