Saturday, March 14, 2009

Message Boards and the drama

Right now it looks like not to many people like me..Oh well.

I had posted about CS and my X, and boy did I offend some people on a message board that I have been going to for about 7 yrs. They made it seem that since I am not working, (I was laid off due to budget cuts) that I am not allowed to get upset since x did nothing to notify me, child support or anyone else for that matter. He could not even be responsible enough to file for unemployement.

Then when I posted that I am trying to better myself by going back to school they made it sound like how dare I go back to school, and still want to collect CS. I was so upset I was sitting here at my computer crying because these people do not know me, have no idea what has happened in my life.

Then these same people blasted me for allowing FI to support my children and I, like I do nothing to contribute to our household expenses. The way I look at it is that we are in a partnership and we work together on everything. Since I am not working then he picks up the slack, I would do the same thing for him in a heartbeat.

I decided to take a break from that message board, I will still be lurking but I will not post, my feelings are to raw at this point. I have been treated like shit by too many people and finally had the courage and the strength to make my life better and I do not need people in it who bring me down.

Anyway, that is what is going on with me today.

3 comments:

  1. Take the break. It is the best thing you can do. And always remember the ignore option. I keep one particular member on it permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just reminded me of what I don't miss about the message board. It's good to take a break, step away... that's where blogs come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that they made you feel that way. I am proud of you for going back to school and taking the steps to be better able to support your family. I did the same thing when I was single and have never regretted it.

    There may come a time when you are helping FI. I'm glad that you will be able to contribute.

    ReplyDelete