Saturday, April 4, 2009

My Baby is growing up

I really cannot believe my Boo is growing up. She will be 6 this year and starting kindergarten. WOW! Where has all the time gone?

I really hate to say this, but I am closer to her than my other girls. I think this could be for a number of reasons. First when she was born she almost died, and I do not think I have ever been so scared my whole life. Every single time that we thought she was fine, she would turn grey/blue and start choking. We eventually after about a day moved her to a children's hospital a few hours away.

I have always had the utmost faith in doctors. Maybe too much, but when you are talking to a Dr. about your not even 2 day old preemie baby and they say "We do not know what is wrong with your baby" It is scary. I spent as much time up there at the hospital as humanly possible. We later found out that she had apnea and reflux. She spent almost a full year on a apnea monitor and she is still on meds for reflux.

Boo was a slow talker, at 2 she was still not speaking. I remember moving back from CA and going to a friends house who has a child 3 days younger than my boo. Her daughter at one point said "Mommy, lets go outside and play" I almost burst into tears. After we left ODD who was almost 12 looked at me and said "something is wrong with boo" We ended up getting speech therapy and it was the best thing we could ever do for her.

Anyway, I am just amazed at what Boo can do. I signed her up for swimming lessons because since we live in Florida, during the summer we spend a lot of time at the beach and the pool, and she has a fear of water. I cannot believe how she has taken to the lessons, she is like a fishy, all kicking and having the best time ever. She loves it. This has also helped her come out of her shell. A year ago if you had so much as said hello she would have probably burst into tears and came running for me.

I am just so impressed with how much she has grown. Not just physically, but emotionally. She has been through so much in her life and she has proven that you can overcome things.

No comments:

Post a Comment